See Danielle on The Doctors
When you are injured, you have many choices in selecting a Physical Therapist. My manual therapy skills set me apart from other physical therapists. I am a Mulligan certified practitioner, the first in Los Angeles, I have my doctor of Physical Therapy from University of Southern California and am also a board certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist.
When I was 19, I injured my neck and learned first hand the positive impact physical therapy can have on improving the quality of one’s life. Nothing satisfies me more than seeing a patient leave my clinic running, skipping and jumping at their pre-injury level.
I am motivated by the goal of improving the quality of my patients’ lives. I especially enjoy treating the challenging patients, so that I can try to put the puzzle together. I have been able to help a patient when their previous therapists could not.
Located in Manhattan Beach, I specialize in rehabilitation of my patients who have various orthopedic injuries, including injuries to the foot, ankle, knee, hip, spine (low back, mid back and neck), shoulder, elbow, wrist hand, jaw, and balance dysfunction. I am also able to cast and evaluate patients for orthotics for various types of shoes.
Read More About Danielle
Body Connection Physical Therapy will enable me to best serve my patients so that they can once again live healthy, active lives.
After 18 months of physical therapy I had hit rock bottom. With multiple injury sights of the neck and spine, I have suffered with debilitating thoracic outlet syndrome AND degenerative disc disease with double crush syndrome for years. I could not do simple tasks like walk a few blocks or even place light dishes in a cabinet above my head. I had to rest constantly, icing and taking muscle relaxants nightly for pain relief. Then I started therapy with Danielle Orland. With Danielle’s amazing background in Mulligan Physical Therapy(which combines massage, muscle and spine manipulation, and strengthening exercises) and her empathetic but no nonsense attitude towards my recovery, I am able to walk longer distances with lessened joint stress and sleep comfortably WITHOUT medication. Her dedication to my rehab has allowed me to do more activities than I could in many years! I cannot thank her enough…
I\’ve had three ACL surgeries over the last 15 years. All other therapist did what they could to get me back to “normal” walking, potentially running and that\’s about it. My last ACL recovery was completely different and enlightening with Danielle. She understands how the entire body works together and our sessions were like none other. She not only knew how to get me back to normal, but beyond. Her goal was to get me back to better than I was before and helped me understand how my body breaks down and these types of things happen. Not only getting me back to my normal activities, but also back to the ones I was doing in my teenage years. She understands how to get you past recovery and into preventative so these types of injuries don\’t happen again. She\’s the best therapist I\’ve ever worked with. And there have been many.
Danielle Orland is one of the most skilled physical therapists there is. I saw her for several multiple-month PT prescriptions over a period of years, during which time I was restored to functionality and health from each muscular and orthopedic issue. More specifically, she helped me avoid shoulder surgery, recuperate from knee surgery and alleviate back pain. In fact, I haven’t even told her yet that my recent bone density scan results indicated my bone density has actually increased significantly since my first scan 7 years ago! The only thing I can attribute that to, is having done the exercises Danielle told me to!
Her highly intellectual, no-nonsense approach is very effective as it is tempered with her caring and personal commitment to her patient’s recovery.
The next time I or any member of my family needs a physical therapist, rest assured I will find her!
The above testimonials or endorsements do not constitute a guarantee, warranty or prediction regarding the outcome of your treatment
1. How do I schedule my first appointment? Call us at 310.546.1444 to book your appointments.
2. Where are you located: 2011 Cedar Avenue, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
3. What should I bring to my first appointment?
• Insurance card
• Photo ID
• Physical therapy prescription
• Reports from any diagnostic tests (MRI, EMG, x-ray)
• List of medications
• Loose fitting comfortable clothes with sneakers.
4. How long is each session? The initial evaluation and subsequent treatments are about 45-60 minutes.
5. What are your office hours?
• Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 7 am – 4 pm
• Tuesdays and Thursdays: 10 am – 7 pm
• All PT treatments are by appointment only.
• A neuromuscular and skeletal evaluation with ongoing assessment
• Functional training
• Postural rehabilitation
• Joint mobilization
• Therapeutic Exercises
• Modalities: hot packs, ultrasound, cold packs
• Light therapy
• Electrical stimulation: the most commonly used types are neuromuscular electrical stimulation and interferential electrical stimulation.
7. What insurance companies are you contracted with? Currently we we are contracted with Medicare and Blue Shield. Additionally, we can bill most insurance companies as an out of network provider. When you call to schedule, our billing company will verify your benefits.